SuperPro acknowledge spacer lifts have an ugly past. Typically they have not been properly engineered or tested by the manufacturers/importer. We have also seen manufacturers make these kits to lift vehicles beyond a safe or legal lift. SuperPro has done the engineering work to get these kits right! We have incorporated each vehicles suspension geometry into the design of every kit including consideration of the solid height to ensure the shock absorber does not bottom out before it strikes the bump stop. The lift height of each kit is unique and the associated hardware is designed and engineered to be safe and legal. No other spacer lifts on the market achieve what SuperPro has.
The original design philosophy behind the Ezy-Lift Kits
It was never the intention to offer these in competition to a full suspension lift kit, nor was it thought to be used by an extreme off roader.
The SuperPro Ezy-Lift Kit is an alternative best suited to the soft core 4WD owner, who wants a less intrusive, easily reversible, inexpensive, safe & legal option to achieve a little more ground clearance and to retain the “feel” of the O.E suspension with the look of a lifted ute.
To whom the Ezy Lift kit are design for?
These kits are ideally suited to a 4x4 owner who:
- Wants to fit bigger wheels and tyres, but is not looking for an expensive hard core off-road suspension set-up.
- Wants more ground clearance but is reticent to change everything so early in the vehicles life.
A SuperPro Ezy-Lift kit is designed, not to replace a traditional suspension lift kit, but to give vehicle owners another option for increasing ground clearance.
The Legislation says...Yes, our spacer lift kits are legal
The following only applies if our Ezy-Lift kits are fitted correctly to vehicles with standard suspension (following all instructions included in the kit).
VSB14 - Vehicle Standards Bulletin 14 - [LINK]
The controlling set of standards for vehicle modification is VSB14 , in particular for us, Section LS Tyres, Suspension & Steering Modifications.
The Ezy-Lift kits fall into the category of Basic Modifications without Certification.
Everything about our lift kits meet the criteria set down in this document.
- Suspension modification, (50mm maximum if no other modifications resulting in a change of vehicle height are performed.
- Our Ezy Lift Kits do not exceed 50mm lift.
- When raising a vehicle at least two thirds of the original rebound travel must be maintained. The rebound must be limited by the same method as originally employed by the manufacturer. For example limit straps or shock absorber full extension.
- Each Ezy Lift kit is specifically designed for each application and the lift is different across all applications to comply with this rule with the use of Blocks and Strut Spacers.
- Blocks used with leaf spring suspensions must be steel, aluminium or metal of equivalent strength and must be positively located to the axle spigot hole and spring centre-bolt.
- Ezy Lift Kits are Aluminium construction with Steel spigots.
- Following the completion of modifications the vehicle attitude must remain as per original specifications – i.e. the original relationship between the front and rear suspension heights must not be changed and therefore the front and rear suspensions must be both raised by the same amount.
- Ezy lift kits raise the front and rear of the vehicle the same amount which maintain O.E rake and weight distribution which maintains O.E braking performance.
There is no specific reference to strut spacers in VSB14, so we have treated them the same as blocks and made sure all other rules & ADRs have been adhered to.
It should also be noted that VSB14 specifically states that Extended or adjustable shackle plates must not be used to raise vehicles on leaf spring suspensions.
Ezy Lift kits effect ESC (Electronic Stability Control) no more or less than other suspension Lift kits, which are permitted as long as the lift is under 50mm.
ADRs – Australian Design Rules - [LINK to the Third Edition Australian Design Rules]
ADR rules apply to new vehicle manufactured in Australia or imported as new or second hand vehicle. The ADRs are national standards for vehicle safety.
As our Ezy Lift kits are an aftermarket modification falling under VSB14, they do not fall under the ADRs but for your information we have reviewed it against the national standards.
ADRs that apply to Lifting a vehicle
7, 7/ Brake Hoses – All our Kits whether they be Ezy Lift or Suspension Lift have provision for Brake hose mount adapters to remove stresses on hoses and ABS cables.
10x, 10/ Steering Column – No effect.
12, 12/ Glare Reduction in Field of View - No effect.
31, 31/…, 35x, Braking – Our Ezy lift kits raise the front and rear of the vehicle the same amount which maintains O.E rake and weight distribution which maintains O.E braking performance.
43/ Vehicle Configuration and Dimensions (ground clearance) – Enhanced.